St. George’s is hiring a part time Parish Administrator!
This position is partly office administration, and strong candidates will manage lots of details effectively. Above all, though, the role is about engaging people. Our Parish Administrator (PA) is often the first person contacted when needs arise. And, the PA will also have significant responsibility for congregational communications. We’re excited to work with someone creative and curious about how we can connect people and tell our story through digital engagement.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to the Rev. Ryan Mails at email@example.com
- Manage and develop print and digital communications
- Collaborate with the minister to develop and distribute weekly newsletters
- Maintain and continue to develop our website
- Communicate with the congregation about events and worship services and promote these to the wider community
- Church office administration
- Offer welcoming, caring, professional interaction with members of the congregation and the community
- Provide administrative support to the minister and lay leaders
- Update and maintain congregation membership records
- Manage the parish calendar and serve as primary contact for arranging building use
- Order and organize church supplies
15 hours weekly
Weekly hours can be a combination of hours worked on campus during our normal open hours 9-3 Monday-Thursday, and hours worked remotely. The weekly schedule will be developed with the minister. Paid holidays, paid sick-days, and 2 paid weeks of vacation.
Required: Bachelor’s degree; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; excellent problem solving skills; proficiency in desktop publishing; experience with web editing
Preferred: Proficiency in WordPress web editing; experience with database management; design experience